Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hollow

Do you know that feeling deep in your soul? Like a knot in the bottom of your heart. Something you need to say – to tell God out loud – but there are no words.

I’m looking at the dark night sky. The stars burn brightly, winking at me like they know. Laughing at me while I struggle.

I hear a scream. A sound so despairing and hollow it chills my core. It ripples over the water, causing the waves to shudder under its weight. I scream until there is no sound left. Until my voice can no longer carry the load.

I collapse on the sand, crying silently with my shoulders quaking. There is nothing left. The tears are gone, leaving once bright eyes red and burning. There are still no words, no way to convey what is tearing a hole in my heart. I wait for an answer, clutching sand between my fingers, waiting for an end. Waiting for the hole to be filled.

I’m still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment