Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Opportunity

I feel like such an idiot. Why is it that when the time actually arrives you freeze?

I’ve only been waiting for just about forever. And there it is - the opportunity! The one that I thought would never come. I can touch it, and yet I don’t. I don’t grab it. I just sit there and watch it go by.

I am mentally banging my head into the wall. Why do I let fear take over? I can’t seem to conquer the feeling that I’ll never do good enough. That it will be disappointing, and not what I’d hoped it would be. I’ve spent so much of the last several years wishing I could do things different, yet when the time comes to try again? Not so much.

Will the opportunity come again? Maybe. Will I grab it? Hopefully. If not, I will have still not learned a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment