Friday, April 10, 2009

Roads

There comes a time in every person's life that there is a choice to make. It was my time.

I felt as though I was standing in the wild. In my mind I could see thick trees and shrubs tangled on all sides, with two roads cut through. Left or right?

I sat there with this image in my head, oblivious to my surroundings. Neither answer was any better or worse than the other. Right would keep things the same - which wasn't a bad thing - and left would change it. Change isn't had, it's the unknown down that road that always makes one hesitate. Status quo isn't messy. It's safe, albeit sometimes boring. Change? Well, it changes things.

I suppose it boils down to opportunity and if you're willing to risk failure or pain to take it. Right is ignoring the wonderful possibilities, while left risks experiencing the mistakes. Left is different and adventurous. Right is safe.

I have to leave the clearing. I have to pick a road.

No comments:

Post a Comment